Winter League No.1 – Astwood – 25th October 2020
Please note that the status of this match has been changed to “All In” meaning that any carp caught will count. Also, the number of pegs for this match is limited so please book your place in advance. Refer to the Match Calendar page for details.
Please note that due to Covid restrictions there will not be an MUAA Committee meeting in October. If any member has any issues they would like to raise, please contact Mick Perks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update – 31st August 2020
Please note that owing to Coronavirus, Tarrington fishery is not holding competitions this year. Therefore, the competition on Sunday 25th October originally planned for there will now take place at Astwood fishery. Please refer to the Match Calendar page for details.
Coronovirus Update – 7th August 2020
Please note that as from Sunday 9th August all members taking part in competitions must pay for entry in cash on the day by dropping the cash in an open bucket.
Coronavirus Update – 30th May 2020
As a consequence of updated guidance received from the Angling Trust, match fishing can recommence under controlled conditions. The first series of matches will be on the River Severn at Holdfast starting on Sunday 21st June and ending on Sunday 6th September-see the Match Calendar page for the list of dates.
The conditions under which matches can take place are:
- Social distancing must be observed at all times
- There will be no cash transactions. A record will be kept of those members fishing matches and they will be billed after the final match in the series on Sun 21st September 2020. Entry to the pools will be £5.00 per match (as in past seasons) so covering the first seven matches at Holdfast equates to £35.00 payable after the final match there.
- The draw will be made by the match steward only. Anglers must make their way to their allotted peg immediately after the draw while observing the social distancing rules.
- At the weigh in, anglers are asked to retrieve their keepnet from the river, load the fish into the weigh bag and retreat at least 2m to allow the steward to weigh the fish. A second steward will record the weight. After the stewards have retreated, the angler may then return the fish to the river.
- No pay outs to winners will be made until after the final match in the series and after all monies due have been collected.
MUAA AGM and Presentation Evening – Thursday 25th April 2019
Malvern Anglers gathered at Newtown Club for their annual general meeting and trophy presentation. After a welcome by club chairman Ian Goddard and positive reports by club secretary Mick Perks and treasurer John Shaw, the match secretary was pleased to report a very successful year of competitions. The previous year had seen an increased number of participants in club matches that had been held on a variety of different river and pool venues. In particular, the matches had been competed in a good spirit with many close finishes and indeed, the 11 club trophies had been won by 10 different people.
The club expressed their appreciation to Sue Troughton, the riparian owner of the stretch of the river Severn at Holdfast used by the club, and she was invited to present the trophies to the winners.
The picture below shows Sue Troughton presenting the Club Champion Cup to Lee Harman.
2018/19 Cup Winners
Club Champion Cup: Lee Harman
Spring League Shield: Chris Loveridge
Fitzwater Trophy: Richard Webster
Newtown Shield: Dennis Flanagan
John Perks Shield: Pete Roberts
Derek Evans Trophy: Steve Cox
Dick Oakley Shield: Dave Harris
Roy Bouston Shield: Paul Lane
Ron Thomas Cup: Chris Loveridge & Nigel Bayliss
Winter League Shield: Lee Harman
Sue Troughton River Cup: Dick Oakley
Before you fish at Holdfast please check that your chosen peg is safe as the platforms can be disturbed or damaged by high river levels, passing boats and even passing people. Please report any pegs you consider unsafe to a committee member or via email to mchlPerks6@aol.com
Can all members please ensure that when fishing the Club water you clear and take away any rubbish you may have. Also, please take good care of the fish you catch by carefully unhooking and gently placing it in a fish friendly net.