Committee Meeting – 6th August 2020
Note for the MUAA Committee – a committee meeting has been arranged for 8pm on Thursday 6th August 2020 at the Newtown Club.
If any MUAA member wishes to raise any items, please contact a committee member or Club Secretary Mick Perks at email@example.com
Note that this match has now been designated as the Derek Evans Trophy match instead of the competition at Holdfast on 16th August (this match will still go ahead but without the trophy up for grabs). A revised match programme is available to view on the Match Calendar page.
Coronavirus Update – 30th May 2020
As a consequence of updated guidance received from the Angling Trust, match fishing can recommence under controlled conditions. The first series of matches will be on the River Severn at Holdfast starting on Sunday 21st June and ending on Sunday 6th September-see the Match Calendar page for the list of dates.
The conditions under which matches can take place are:
- Social distancing must be observed at all times
- There will be no cash transactions. A record will be kept of those members fishing matches and they will be billed after the final match in the series on Sun 21st September 2020. Entry to the pools will be £5.00 per match (as in past seasons) so covering the first seven matches at Holdfast equates to £35.00 payable after the final match there.
- The draw will be made by the match steward only. Anglers must make their way to their allotted peg immediately after the draw while observing the social distancing rules.
- At the weigh in, anglers are asked to retrieve their keepnet from the river, load the fish into the weigh bag and retreat at least 2m to allow the steward to weigh the fish. A second steward will record the weight. After the stewards have retreated, the angler may then return the fish to the river.
- No pay outs to winners will be made until after the final match in the series and after all monies due have been collected.
Note that the bank clearing sessions planned for Sunday 31st May, 7th and 14th June have been cancelled due to the risks of Coronavirus.
MUAA AGM and Presentation Evening – Thursday 25th April 2019
Malvern Anglers gathered at Newtown Club for their annual general meeting and trophy presentation. After a welcome by club chairman Ian Goddard and positive reports by club secretary Mick Perks and treasurer John Shaw, the match secretary was pleased to report a very successful year of competitions. The previous year had seen an increased number of participants in club matches that had been held on a variety of different river and pool venues. In particular, the matches had been competed in a good spirit with many close finishes and indeed, the 11 club trophies had been won by 10 different people.
The club expressed their appreciation to Sue Troughton, the riparian owner of the stretch of the river Severn at Holdfast used by the club, and she was invited to present the trophies to the winners.
The picture below shows Sue Troughton presenting the Club Champion Cup to Lee Harman.
2018/19 Cup Winners
Club Champion Cup: Lee Harman
Spring League Shield: Chris Loveridge
Fitzwater Trophy: Richard Webster
Newtown Shield: Dennis Flanagan
John Perks Shield: Pete Roberts
Derek Evans Trophy: Steve Cox
Dick Oakley Shield: Dave Harris
Roy Bouston Shield: Paul Lane
Ron Thomas Cup: Chris Loveridge & Nigel Bayliss
Winter League Shield: Lee Harman
Sue Troughton River Cup: Dick Oakley
Before you fish at Holdfast please check that your chosen peg is safe as the platforms can be disturbed or damaged by high river levels, passing boats and even passing people. Please report any pegs you consider unsafe to a committee member or via email to mchlPerks6@aol.com
Can all members please ensure that when fishing the Club water you clear and take away any rubbish you may have. Also, please take good care of the fish you catch by carefully unhooking and gently placing it in a fish friendly net.